Sunday, January 23, 2011

Compare and Contrast Essay- "Oustside my Window"

I have to compare my house to Durdane's house in Istanbul. Outside her window she sees definitely many more diferent things than me. I will write what my house is like, and what her house is like. Then I will compare both houses' vibes. (This assignment is at Mr. Garrioch's Blog so check it out and find the link for Outside My Window, or just click right here!↓)

My house is in Jeonju. It is an apartment. I live on the 11th floor In my room if you look outside the window, you see a new market called 'GS Super' and behind that is a garden and lots of trees. Since it is high, I can also see my school behind the trees. From the school you can see the crosswalk and there, students are buying stuff from the supply stores.

Durdane's house in Istanbul is high too, but also unfinished, do to the fact that they are still building up as people move in. Inside her house is decorated with red and looks very comfortable.

The house's vibes are totally different. First, our house is merry and happy and you are able to see many happy things from our window. But over in Istanbul I would find it rather depressing to look out to gray unfinished buildings. But, she said that she often has the neighborhood over, and I think that because she is lonely, she would be the most happy at that time. The neighborhood is a very good family to her. I can say that we aren't exactly that close to our neighbor..

I can tell that there are a lot of differences between our houses, but I cannot say that mine or hers is better that the other. We all have our own houses and our thoughts are all different so I think there is no need to judge such things. If you are happy with your house, and I'm happy with mine, then everything's fine!

1 comment: