Thursday, January 13, 2011

S.A.T. Style Reflective Essay - "Spring, Summer, Fall, Winter, Spring"

First comes Spring, then Summer, Fall, Winter. Hello, my name is Jisue Kang and I have had and experience like the boy in the spring part of the film. Before I tell you that, I weil write what I think the monk is trying to say, and how he got the message through to the boy.

The student tied a rock to each a fish, a frog and a snake. What I think this means is that the boy took advantage of nature and layed with life. The monk is teaching the boy to respect nature and see life as an important thing.

To teach the student, the monk did exactly what the boy did to the animals back at him. He tied a really big rock to his back. I have had an experience like this before. No, not the rock part. I mean the same thing coming back at me part.

Before, when I was at home, my sister and I were talking, and I asked her to throw my trash away. She threw it away for me, but then I asked her to get something for me. She was a little annoyed, but she got it for me. Then I started telling her to do this and do that. She got mad and we had a fight. Then , our mom came in and scholded and asked why we were fighting. I thought that my sister would tell on me, I would get in trouble, and it woul be all over.

I was wrong. My mom didn't say anyting and left. Later, she asked me to get her cellphone. Then she made me run a few errands. After I ran and came back, she told me to do the dishes tonight. Later at night, she told me to do more math. By then I understood what sh was trying to tell me. I learned something valuable that day. Don't dish out anything that I can't take.

1 comment:

  1. Hi Jisue,
    I like the lesson you learned from your own experience. One can learn a lesson from everyday life but not everybody and not the same lesson from the same thing. I think that this makes difference for one's future.

    ReplyDelete